Sunday, 11 February 2007

January's Journal Quilt


Today I finished the January Jounal Quilt and posted the photographs on the Group web page. I am quite pleased with it. I used my hand painted fabric for the background and printed one of my photographs on to Bubble Jet fabric which I then appliqued on to the background. I added stitching to the image to accentuate the lines on the Palm Tree trunk and then layered up to sheer fabrics over the whole piece and stitched the two palm leaves from the back. I used pink thread for this to echo the pink flowers that were on the bushes behind the leaves. I then cut away practically all the sheer fabrics leaving just a trace of them . The stitching for the palm leaves forms the quilting and I have also machine written the words 'Barbados Rocks' underneath the image.
I have been fiddling with the February one. I have pieced the background and am trying to decide which techniques to use for the Pisces logo.

I have had a very busy day. I spent the morning and part of the afternoon making up a Quilt for the Linus project. The day was held at East Coker Village Hall. There were about 25 people in total. All busy with their own particular projects. We all came away with what we had been doing to finish off at home. This is a particularly good Charity event to be involved in as the little quilts are given to children in hospital or temporary accommodation such as refuges and hostels.

No comments: