Thursday, 17 May 2007

Where has all the time gone!!



Its a long time since I sat down to add to this Blog. I have been so busy with working in different parts of the country and my Sketchbook course. I have finished my first assessed book. The subject I chose was the Jurassic Coast - the whole of it!! This subject is close to my heart and I became totally immersed in what I was doing. I was born in Lyme Regis which is in the middle of the coastline and spent all my school holidays with family at Exmouth, Devon at one end of it and have lived in Weymouth which is towards the other end most of my life. I really loved doing this book but at times it left me completely drained as I seemed to tap into my very soul at times. I haven't any photographs at the moment but will post some soon.


The other thing that has kept me busy is the Journal Quilt Project. I have managed to get March and April done for the deadline and am thinking about what I shall do for May!! For March I used a piece of hand mono-printed fabric and printed running hares all around a central moon and for May I printed a computed manipulated image on to fabric and then cut it up and put it back together again. A process that all patchworkers are familiar with!!

No comments: