Wednesday, 24 October 2007

Journals

Here are three of the Journals I had to catch up with. The top one - July - is a mixed media piece using pieces
started at the Cas Holmes Workshop I attended at Cowslip, Launceston in July . The middle one - August -
was in response to the Indigo exhibition I visited at Plymouth Museum . I have used my own indigo
dyed fabrics, a digital imaged printed on to fabric and linen washing buttons. This was simply an amazing exhibition and the information video that was running taught me such a lot. The bottom one -
May - is of the Humber Bridge. I drove across the bridge very early in the morning to go to Lincoln to work and the sunrise was spectacular.


The July Journal is a collage of mixed media pieces. It includes sun printing, mono prining, hand drawing and painting. The layers are laminated together with wallpaper paste and stitched and enhanced when dry. Some areas are scraped back with a craft knife to reveal the layers underneath and distress the surface.









The August Journal is much more simple, relying on the beauty of the indigo dyed fabrics for its impact.
Indigo is such a wonderful dye. The process is magical and the resulting colour is spectacular. It can be quite messy. I dyed these fabrics one sunny day last summer in the garden - a very happy day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: