Wednesday, 24 October 2007

Where did the summer go?

I can't believe that it is the end of October already. I have had a very busy summer. After I returned home from the workshop at Cowslip in Launceston I was very busy finishing the Quilt that was due to be sent to Festival of Quilts at NEC, Birmingham. I managed to get it done by the deadine day for posting only to be told at the Post Office that day that there was a strike and it wouldn't go for couple of days. I left it and went home to worry if it would be OK and not get lost. I hadn't had time to take any photographs of it before I had packed it up. All was well as a fortnight later I had a phone call the evening before the Quilt Show opened to tell me that I had won the Amateur Award in the Small Contemporary category. Imagine my surprise. I was stunned to say the least and absolutely delighted. I still can't quite believe it to this day .
I also had to catch up with my Journal Quilts; I fell behind after my spell in Hospital in June . I needed to get four made by the deadline date of 11th September.!!

No comments: