Wednesday, 23 January 2008

West Country Embroiderers

Today I was at Upwey Village Hall with the Weymouth Branch of West Country Embroiderers with my collection of Antique Costume. My earliest dress is the 1760 Sack dress shown in the photographs. They were a friendly and interested group and I was very pleased to be there. I do not have my collection out all together very often and I was thrilled to be able to share it with them and to see it all together again for myself.

I love all of my collection and a dream come true would be to have a safe ,dry environment for it where it could be displayed on models instead of packed away in boxes in my loft. Today has given me the chance to get it all together and I shall now be able to store it together so that the next time I take it out I shant have to search through endless boxes!!
Another good thing about today is that I have been asked to share it with another group of people next year.
If any of the group stumble upon this blog then thank you very much for being such a nice audience .

3 comments:

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Lizzie

Thanks so much for coming to Dairy House today. It was super to see you and yours and Linda's enthusiasm has really spurred me on. It's all getting very exciting and if we can work out something with regard to exhibitions and fairs then let's do it!

Hope you'll pop over again sometime after April and I look forward to seeing you at the Dorchester fair.

Best wishes
Sue

lizzie said...

Thank you Sue. I think you are doing a good job at the Dairy House and look forward to an exciting future.
Best Wishes
Liz

surderp said...

Hi Lizzy have really enjoyed the blog,brings back fun times.
looking forward to our next flying visit on Brittany ferries at the end of the month when we go for a quick rummage and of course a good lunch!
Hopefully we will find a few new goodies for our many up coming events in March and April luv Lindy