Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Stroud Rag Market




On Saturday 15th I was at Stroud working at the Rag Market. This was the first time I had been there and it was a very interesting eclectic mix of all kinds of textiles, haberdashery and clothes most of which can be described as 'Vintage'.
We had travelled up the day before and were staying with friends near Stroud for the night before the Market. We made a detour to Tetbury to go to see a friend George who has a wonderful shop there called 'Artique'. In this shop there is everything Indian including rugs, textiles, carvings, furniture and jewellery. I bought some old printing blocks and two necklaces. I haven't done any printing yet as I have been too busy with work but the next quiet day I have I shall indulge myself with a 'play' day.
Tetbury is a very interesting place and I plan to go back some time and have a good look around.

No comments: