Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Some of my work

This is a display of some of my City and Guilds work that I took to an Area Day of South West Quilters held in Weymouth in the Summer.
I am going to be teaching a workshop for them on Mixed Media techniques. The plan is to spend the day making samples of techniques that will build in to an interesting sketch book. We will spend the morning doing the messy stuff and after lunch the cleaner stuff and maybe a bit of stitching if there is time.
The day is being run by the South West Quilters and is on Saturday October 25th in Weymouth, Dorset.
This is a photograph torn from a local newspaper of the Cobb at Lyme Regis. The papers has been distressed by crumpling over and over until it is broken down into a soft pliable texture. This has then been ironed on to lightweight vilene and then heavily stitched.
This is a page from my Jurassic Coast sketchbook and comprises loose layers of stitched chiffon, patched hand painted cotton sateen and a scrummy collage made with corrugated papers, string, tissue paper and scrim which was then painted many times with gesso and acrylic paint.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Lizzie

I love it all, but especially The Cobb which is one of my favourite places!

Look forward to seeing you at Honiton - and just wish I'd been able to get to Castle Cary as it's on my doorstep.

Sue (Dairy House)

lizzie said...

Thanks Sue. Its my favourite place too. My home town - get great tugs at my heart strings every time I go back. See you at Honiton.
Liz

Gunnels blog said...

This page is SO very beautiful! I love it !!!