Monday, 10 November 2008

Bisley Rag Market

I hadn't realised that I have been absent from this blog for such a long time. Can't think where the last month has gone.! However I won't dwell on that but carry on with telling you all about the Rag Market at Bisley in the Cotswolds that was held last Saturday. We drove up on Friday afternoon in glorious weather. The colours of Autumn were spectacular in the brilliant sunshine and we were keeping our fingers crossed that Saturday would be good too as there is nothing worse than unloading all the goodies in the rain. Polly Lyster was set to be outside with all her gorgeous textiles so it was important for the weather to be good.

This was Linda's and my stands. We tend to stall out close together so that we can run in to one. We had an eclectic mix of fabulous french linens, buttons, beads and trims.

There was an eager queue outside and I am sure that they weren't disappointed with all the goodies on offer.


It was a great day and we managed to buy some super things too in readiness for our next three Fairs.
We are at Cowslip Workshops, Launceston, Cornwall this coming Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Then its the fabulous Bath Assembly Rooms Vintage Fashion Fair on Sunday 23rd November and then we are off to 'The Big Smoke' for Battersea Vintage Fashion Fair on Sunday 30th November. Lets hope it will all be worth it as it is jolly hard work, but if we didn't enjoy it we wouldn't do it.
My last note is about my dear old Jasper ginger cat. We finally said goodbye to him on Monday of last week. It was all very stressful but he was home with us and we will miss him terribly. He has ruled this house and cul de sac even, ever since he first arrived as a baby from Bristol seventeen years ago.



4 comments:

BusyLizzie said...

Glad you had a good day, I thought it was a fab event & I was delighted with my purchases. Very sorry to hear about your pussy cat, I know the feeling of loss very well... I still miss my old moggies even though I have these 2 little monkeys that LOVE to kip on vintage textiles.... say no more!

countrymummy said...

Hi Lizzie - I too went to the rag fair on Saturday. It was my first visit and it's now on my must do list for next year. I read on your profile that you're doing a creative sketchbooks course. Would you mind sharing a little more info about it? I'd be really grateful. My blog is at craftdelight.blogspot.com if you fancy having a look. I've just re-started it so don't expect much!

hens teeth said...

Hello ~ Just wanted to say what a fantastic event this was and I think I bought a few items from you. Did you have a huge quantity of lace bits for £1.00 each?
Really looking forward to the next one.
Your blog is really interesting and I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

lizzie said...

I'm glad everyone had an enjoyable and satisfying day. Makes all the hard work worth it!!
By the way 'hensteeth' Caroline was the one with all the lace bits. She always has great things.