Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Christmas Crafts at Cowslip Workshops

I am just back from Cornwall. I have been to Cowslip Workshops at Launceston again. This time it was for the Christmas Craft Market held over four days from Friday until Monday 18th. As you may know this is one of my favourite places and I was happy to go back again for the Christmas Market. All the stallholders were in the house and it was a smaller event this year but it was great. There was a friendly, cosy atmosphere and everyone had made the most stunning displays of their wares.
There was a good selection of goods on offer from Plants and Decorations to Hand knits and Hand Felted items.
Maggie's Christmas decorations were very popular and rightly so. All made by hand and superbly finished.
These are some of the things I had for sale as well as my vintage textiles. I love making the raggy rings they always look so plumptious when finished. I made some more sketchbooks and there were some hand knitted and felted bags. I also had some of my Nuno felted scarves. I am pleased to say I sold some of my scarves and bags as well as lots of things for people to use to make their own stuff!!
Of course I couldn't resist visiting Jo's shop and bought another book on making Art Cloth by Rayna Gilman and some lovely dark indigo dyed batik fabric tape. I don't know what I am going to do with this but it was irrestible. I also bought a small piece of fabric with the Cowslip logo on it to put into a Diary page. While I was there I started a piece of experimental work using a piece of wrecked 19th century hexagon patchwork. It is absolutely in shreds but there are a few sound pieces and I have been darning one on to a piece of Polly Lyster's madder dyed linen. I will post a picture when I have finished. I don't know what I shall do with it but it is a good exercise. I get so much beautiful old stuff that is so badly damaged it has no saleability but can never bear to throw it out, so I am hoping that this technique will give things a new lease of life.

This Sunday, 23rd November I am at the fabulous Assembly Rooms at Bath participating in the Ashley Hall Vintage Fashion Fair. It is fully booked and is going to be a very exciting shopping place so my advice is to make sure not to m iss it or you will regret it.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Lizzie

I won't get to Bath because of Dairy House, but have swapped days next week so I'll be able to go to Ilminster. I assume you'll be there!

Sue

lizzie said...

Hi Sue.
I will be at Ilminster so hope to see you there. Hope all is going well.
Liz

lizzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kelly said...

What a great Christmas fair. I could have bought many things there I think! Best of luck with the fashion fair!

karen lang said...

I live just down the road from Cowslip and go at least once a week - my retreat! I went to the fayre so probably saw you xxxx It is a fabuolous place xxx

Lizzie said...

Hi Karen. I love Cowslip too. Am alwys trying to find excuses to visit other than for work! Linda and I are there again at beginning of April - same week-end as Quilters Guild Conference at Exeter. Hope to see you!!