Monday, 15 December 2008

Lunch with the Girls

Today I have been to Lunch with my girlfriends.
I was determined to make the effort even though I haven't been out very much for the last two weeks and was still not feeling one hundred per cent. We have all been friends since we were teenagers and have been through a lot together at various stages in our lives. Monday is a bit of a dodgy day to go out and find somewhere that has plenty of atmosphere so we opted for our local Wetherspoon's - The Swan - which is always busy and full of local people. We were not disappointed!!!!

We always have a 'secret santa' sack and this year we had to wear something sparkly on our heads!! As you can see from the photographs we were not short of liquid refreshments!! The food was good too. I have had my first Christmas dinner of the festive season and very nice it was too. I can thoroughly recommend Wetherspoon's food - I had Crayfish Tail salad as a starter and then a huge platter of Roast Turkey, Roast Potatoes, Stuffing Balls, Bacon wrapped Chipolatas, Yorkshire Pudding and Peas, Carrots and Brussel Sprouts with Cranberry Sauce and Gravy. All that was followed by Christmas Pudding and Ice Cream. I was absolutely stuffed, and it didn't break the bank either - £12 was the price for all that food and it also included a free drink!

We had a thoroughly good time and we were on our best behaviour as they are very strict in Wetherspoons. They have been known to throw people out just for having a good time and laughing too loudly!! I was really glad I made the effort but started to flag after about 4 hours!! and as they were thinking about starting the drinking games I thought it politic to leave.!! My stamina is not what it was.


2 comments:

BusyLizzie said...

glad to hear you are on the mend! nothing like liquid refreshments to make you feel better!
Liz xx

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Lizzie

Sorry to hear you've been suffering. I saw Linda briefly at Shepton but not long enough to find out whether you were there too.

Have a lovely Christmas with plenty more turkey and all the trimmings!!

Sue x