Tuesday, 30 December 2008

New Toys to Play With

The Postman brought the packet I have been waiting for from the US today. I have bought a quantity of already hand-rolled silk chiffon scarves to dye, felt, paint and anything else I can think of. I am going to have a go at rust dyeing. I bought the stuff I need from Art Van Go at the Festival of Quilts so now there is no excuse to start making a mess. I have also enrolled on an online class 'Textured Surfaces' with Fibre-in-Form. I thought it would be a good idea to help get rid of all the stuff I have accumulated over the years of my City and Guilds courses. When I read the requirements list it changed my mind!!!!! I need to buy loads more stuff. I do already have a lot of stuff but there are things I have been meaning to get for ages but have always forgotten about them as there was no need at the time. Now there is. I am really excited about this. I am also following Maggie Grey's free classes that come when you buy her Textile Translations book. This has become my new Bible! along with about four dozen others!! I haven't started anything yet on Maggie's classes except for putting a catalogue outside to be killed!! Now that Christmas is over I will have more time - in between work and re-decorating our living/dining room which involves laying a new floor!!!!! Still I like to keep busy.!!

No comments: