Friday, 13 February 2009

Stuff and Crash, Bang. Wallop

Well, it is sometime since I wrote anything on this blog. After Battersea Vintage Fashion Fair, which was good even though the people through the door were 50% less than in November, I have been busy doing my 'Arty' stuff. In other words playing. I have made loads of samples for my Fibre in Form online classes, and have been thinking about the new Journal Quilt Challenge. I have more or less decided to do Textures and use all the new techniques I have recently learnt. I have got something in the pipeline and will go and have a look at it tomorrow. It has been so cold I haven't ventured up the garden to my little studio.

This week has been a bit of a write-off - forgive the pun. My daughter crashed her car on the way to work Monday evening and ended up in Accident and Emergency at Dorset County Hospital strapped to a body board with her neck in a brace. Fortunately she was just bruised and whiplashed. Not so her beloved purple jeep. That has gone to the great scrapyard in the sky!!! A greasy road with diesel spillage was the culprit. She lost control rounding a bend and found herself embedded in someone's garden wall. Thank the Lord no-one was on the pavement.

Next week-end I am at Bath Assembly Rooms for the Ashley Hall Vintage Fashion Fair. Let's hope that will be worthwhile. I must therefore get back to work and organise the stock that I shall be taking. Painting will have to take a back seat for a while.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Lizzie, so glad your daughter is safe and sound, what a fright she must have had.

Carol said...

Hi Lizzie, so glad your daughter is safe and sound, what a fright she must have had.

lizzie said...

Thanks Carol. Yes she was very shaken and cried for Britain. She's fine now, just a little sore.

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Lizzie

Judging by the look of the jeep she is a very lucky girl.

Let's hope there are plenty of paying customers in Bath. Shame I won't be able to get there.

Sue x

Hens Teeth said...

Lizzie ~ what a nasty shock for you all. I am so sorry your daughter has had this accident and lost her car. Thank goodness she is ok.

lizzie said...

Thank you Sue and Viv for you concern. Lisa is fine now - it just means we will be sharing my car for a while!!!!!!!!!!!