Sunday, 19 April 2009

Bath Vintage Fashion Salon

Early morning in Bath city before the traffic and shopping starts. This was a marathon week-end for me. I arrived in Bath city at 1 p.m. on Friday afternoon . I had a lot to do and I wanted to get my bearings as it is a long time since I was in Bath centre on a week day. I needed to find my B&B and also the most important thing was finding somewhere to park the car all day and evening. I managed all this quite quickly and was able to get unloaded at the venue and put the car away by 2 p.m. Then I went to find my B&B, which turned out to be only a stone's throw away from the venue at Milsom Place. When I was shown my room it was all I could do from getting into bed!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it was back to work for another 4 hours. We had a jolly evening, fueled by a couple of glasses of wine. There were a few customers and everyone seemed set for an enjoyable week-end. When we closed at about 9.30 p.m. I went out for a meal (my first since breakfast at 7 a.m.) with Jane and Joan to a nearby Indian restuarant just up the road. The meal was fantastic and then I staggered back to B&B for bed.
I had taken my wedding dresses with me hoping that there may be a few budding brides about.
The Octagon soon filled up and the atmosphere was set.
These are the fabulous combs I had taken with me. I used an 18th century style wig to display them.
Shoes, flowers and ribbons. I tried hard to make the stall look as pretty and interesting as I could.

6 comments:

BusyLizzie said...

Hi Lizzie
It was quite a marathon weekend wasn't it!
Hope you have time to put your feet up this week??
Lizzie xxx

Lizzie said...

Fat chance of rest this week. We are decorating and there is furniture to be moved out of the house and a magicians shirt to finish..xx.

Cowboys and Custard said...

Hi Lizzie.. sorry I didn't get to the fair this weekend.. I was hoping to come and say hello to you and BusyLizzie...
Glad that you had a good weekend and good to know that the Octagon is being put to good use!

Michele

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Lizzie

Hope the rest of the weekend went well. I'm still recovering from hauling my bags into the hall at Bridport (forgot to take my trolley!).

Good lkuck with the decorating!

Sue xx

Hens Teeth said...

Hi Lizzie,
What a display! What gorgeous, beautiful pieces for sale too.
I hope it was a good day for you after the extreme effort and stress.

Jackie said...

You succeeded! It looks very pretty. Those combs are lovely.