Friday, 3 April 2009

What a Lovely Day

Wednesday 1st April was Talent for Textiles Fair at Ilminster. What a lovely day it was. It's always good to meet up with old friends, colleagues and customers at these Fairs, and this one was no exception. After a frantic start to the day when I realised while I was eating my breakfast that the alarm had gone off at 6 a.m. instead of 5 a.m. as I had forgotten to change the clock on my mobile phone, I was just settling down when it was time to pack up!!!!!! We had a busy day, with our French Fabrics and Ribbons being well received.
This is a basket of silk scarves that I had dyed to take with me. I know these aren't vintage but I usually take some of my own textiles with me to some of the Fairs.


I made this little bag with vintage fabrics and french lace and linen.

Easter week-end sees Linda and myself setting off for our favourite destination - Cowslip Workshops, Launceston, Cornwall. It is heaven on earth and we never wan't to come back to reality. But needs must ..........
I realise I should have written another post about the French trip but was overwhelmed with washing, ironing, dyeing and stitching. We are off again at the end of this month - same route - Portsmouth to St. Malo, so I will make an extra effort to take loads of interesting photographs for the Blog. I don't seem to be able to upload more than four photographs per post - is this the norm? Does anyone know?
A la prochaine ..........................



6 comments:

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Lizzie

I'm having problems loading more than 5 at the moment. I think it's Blogger's fault!

Sorry I didn't get to say more than hello on Wednesday. Wasn't it a lovely day.I'm so pleased with the cotton bias ribbons I bought from Linda. Aren't they gorgeous.

Hope you can make it to Thornbury tomorrow. It's a first for me - a friend of mine has been the magazine editor for the last 3 years and she thought my fabrics etc would be a hit. Let's hope so!

Sue x

Linda said...

Worth all your efforts your stall looked wonderful ,love your new dye colours

Lizzie said...

Thank you Linda. Looking forward to our next trip.

Lois said...

I am really pleased to have found your blog, I love the little fabric bag, really pretty. I shall follow your blog with great interest! best wishes and Happy Easter, Lois x

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

I really enjoyed the Ilminster fair! So many beautiful things. I look forward to the next one.
Have a lovely Easter!
Isabelle x

Lizzie said...

Sorry I wasn't able to make it to Thornbury, Sue. It was further than I thought. Hope you had a good day.
Lois, thank you for the lovely comments. Glad you found me too.
Lizzie.