Thursday, 21 May 2009

Textiles at Poundbury

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5338396600167100514" /> We had a grea day at Poundbury on Wednesday. The weather was dry and sunny but quite windy which was a little troublesome for the people with stalls outside. However, it didn't rain which was a big plus.
I was indoors with all my costume and pretty bits. It was busy and the atmosphere was friendly and jolly with lots of regular customers and quite a few new faces turning up.

On Saturday I am one of the Speakers at the Quilters Guild Region 4 Area Day held at Sturminster Marshall. I shall be taking along my collection of Antique Costume to show them. I shall also have some of my own work with me for the 'Show and Tell'. When I first started Patchwork and Quilting I was influenced a lot by my interest in Antique Textiles and used a lot of reproduction printed fabrics. Now, my work has changed and I only use fabrics that I have dyed myself. When I have finished at Sturminster Marshall I shall be driving straight to Petworth, in Sussex to join Linda who has a stand at the Textile and Costume Fair at Petworth House. It will be a long day but it will be a nice break of sorts as we don't come back to Dorset until Monday evening.

Happy Bank Holiday week-end everyone.

2 comments:

garbett79 said...

Thanks xx I'll try to upload some more work pictures tonight

garbett79 said...

Thanks. I'll try to get photos of my current work online xx