Monday, 31 August 2009

FOQ Purchases

These are some of my purchases at the Festival of Quilts. Plenty of messy stuff for me to play with. I am really anxious to get on with some rust dyeing - now I have no excuse. Stitching patterns for shibori and some strong thread. I need this for my impending dyeing day with the Spinners, Weavers and Dyers dyeing day.
I was delighted to find the 'Roses from the Heart' stand and came home with three kits for the bonnets I have signed up to make. On the list of convicts I managed to find three with the same names as friends. More about this project in an other blog.
And this is the fabric that I wasn't going to buy!! Lovely Japanese fabric fat quarters from 'Seven Islands' who come from Los Angeles every year with the most irresistable fabrics.
Last but not least the reproduction mid 19th century prints for the two quilts I am contemplating. Doesn't seem a lot but it made a serious dent in my wallet!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Love the repro fabrics! Looking forward to seeing the quilts!

Lizzie said...

Yes, I love the repro fabrics too. I have in mind to do a frame quilt in a random sort of way like some of the antique ones I have. No complicated pattern just a lot of quilting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracey said...

The Jane Austen fabric (Makower) medallion quilt that was around a couple of years ago would really suit these fabrics. It was designed by Hilary Gooding. I cant find a link for it at the moment but it was a lovely quilt.

Lizzie said...

That's interesting. I do have a picture of the Jane Austen Quilt and a sample book of all the fabrics - soft furnishing weight and I did think I would make it up but the central medallion fabric has been cut in a strange place so don't have the whole design. Bought it on Ebay several years ago.!!