Tuesday, 4 August 2009

Journal Quilts for Festival




These are the four 2008 Journal Quilts that I have chosen to be exhibited at the Festival of Quilts at the NEC in Birmingham as part of the display of 2008 Journal Quilts on the Contemporary Quilt Group Stand. I stuck to a theme last year which was the Jurassic Coast. As I live and breathe it every day it was very much a personal experience. I already had a huge sketchbook on the subject made for the Creative Sketchbooks City and Guilds course that I did a couple of years ago and I was able to draw a lot on that. It was a very enjoyable experience and now I have twelve little quilts which illustrate the wonderful coastline and all my favourite places.

This year it is a different format which is also great but I am having to be strict with myself to stick to my subject. Hopefully some of these will go on display at Exeter Stitchcraft Show in September.

3 comments:

Vintage to Victorian at Dairy House Antiques said...

Lovely quilts as always Lizzie. Hope Gerry soon recovers!

Sue

Linda said...

FANTASTIC Lindaxx

Lizzie said...

Thanks girls.