Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Ilminster Textile Fair

Today I was at Ilminster for the Talent for Textiles Fair. As usual it was a lovely day with visits from many familiar faces. Ilminister is always a very social occasion where we mix business with pleasure.
We will be returning to Ilminster on March 24th 2010 meanwhile in the not too distant future, Friday in fact, Linda and I travel to Bisley, nr. Stroud for the Rag Market which is run to raise funds for the Stroudwater Textile Trust This is another interesting quality Rag Market and this time we will be joined by John Gillow, of 'World Textiles' fame.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Lizzie. I have just discovered your blog!I bought a beautiful hand printed throw off John Gillow many years ago. He was selling things at the college where i did my embroidery degree. He had some treasures (as do you).
Love the seascape photos.
Suzanne

Lizzie said...

Hi Suzanne. We had a great day at Bisley. John, as usual had some wonderful things. He was off to Olympia the next day. I bought a couple of things from him for myself.
I tried to have a look at your Blog but the link wasn't working last night. Will try again now.
All the best.
Liz