Thursday, 27 May 2010

PETWORTH




I took these lovely English Smocks with me to Petworth where they caused quite a stir!!!!!!!!!  I bought the three adult ones about 5 or 6 years ago at Auction here in Dorset and have had them secreted away ever since!  the child's I found recently.  I simply adore rustic rural garments and Smocks are the icing on the cake.  I thought that Petworth House was a fitting place to take them to be sold.  I sold two and brought two home to go back into hiding!!!

We had a great week-end, the weather was fabulous, if not perhaps a little too hot at times in the Marquee but it was glorious.  Linda and I were staying at the HorseGuards Inn at Tillington again.  Sam and Mischa were as ever very welcoming and our three nights spent with them was heaven.  The chef excelled himselft during what was a very busy week-end.  The food is faultless and Sam cooks a mean breakfast.

All in all it was a fabulous week-end and hope to be back again next year.  This year I managed to look inside the house.  There was a Costume exhibition on for the duration of the Textile Fair this was lovely but I was blown away by all the Art.  Up close and personal with Turner and Van Dyke .  It was wonderful.

Back to reality now and preparing for Dorset Arts Weeks which starts on Saturday.  I am exhibiting at the 'Full Gamut Gallery' on Chickerell Road, Weymouth, Venue 258 and tomorrow sees me out putting up signs.  I expect the Council will come along as they do every time and take them down again!!!!  Then of course is the Textile and Brocante Fair at Brownsword Hall, Poundbury, Dorchester on 2nd June.  Must get down to making some more things for that as I sold most of them at Petworth.  If you are in the area there is plenty to see and do for the next two weeks!!

No comments: