Thursday, 24 June 2010

DEPLOYMENT NUMBER TWO

We have had to say goodbye again to our lovely boy.  William has gone with his Squadron from Yeovilton Naval Air Base to Afghanistan for the second time.  To say we have had the wind taken out of our sails is an understatment.  We will be counting the days until he is home again in October.  Will is 21 this year and his birthday is in September while he is still away.  We have been reliably informed that the facilities at Khandahar are very good so  there will be suitable celebrations!!!!!!  We will make sure there are celebrations too when he gets home.  In the meantime, we must go about our daily routines knowing that one of our loved ones is in daily danger.  God Bless you Will and all the brave boys and girls who find themselves in harms way a long way from home. 

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Thinking of you, what a difficult thing to have to do. I have two boys (6 and 14), and who knows where their path will take them?God bless your son. You must be so proud of him.

Roz said...

You have many mothers of sons thinking of you at this time. I have two and can only imagine how difficult the days are for you until your beautiful boy is home again. I keep you all in my thoughts.
Warm wishes,
Roz

Roz said...

You have many mothers of sons thinking of you at this time. I have two and can only imagine how difficult the days are for you until your beautiful boy is home again. I keep you all in my thoughts.
Warm wishes,
Roz

ted and bunny said...

hi- just found your lovely blog
xx

Julie said...

My brother was involved in the Falklands and the Gulf War so I know how anxious you will be until your lovely son is safely back with you. I hope the time will pass quickly and Will will soon be home again.

Lizzie said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words. We have heard from him this week so all is OK.
Hello Elaine? (Ted and Bunny} did I see you at Bournemouth Vintage Fashion Fair last week??