Wednesday, 1 September 2010
The lighthouse for July was made from a computer printed picture on paper. The paper was scrunched around until it had broken down and then Bondaweb was ironed on the back and the whole thing ironed on to the backing. I just did some outline stitching on the lighthouse and house and quilted the sea, which was created by painting Bondaweb with watered down acrylic paint and ironed on to the backing fabric.
For June I used pieces that were left over from a previous quilt and for May I used the remnants of a lot of painted, dyed and printed tea bag paper that I had left over from my Sketchbook cover projects that I made for Dorset Arts Weeks in May.
My stash of samples and remnants is getting low so before it starts getting cold and the nights draw in I must take myself off to my shed again to play.