Tuesday, 15 February 2011

BOOTY!!!!!!!!

I couldn't
 resist showing you these two fabrics.  Part of our booty from our latest trip to France.  The first one is a fabulous printed linen circa 1920.  Arts and Crafts we think.  We have four large pieces of this.  Enough to make a loose cover for an armchair.  The second photograph below shows another treasure.  A hand block printed Indienne in a soft linen.  Dates I reckon from the beginning of the 19th century.  We have a lot of this.!!  Enough to make sumptious curtains .  Both these fabrics will be going with Linda and I to Ardingly Antiques and Collectors Fair in a couple of weeks' time.
We can't wait and have planned how our displays will look already.  These two fabrics came from a Normandy chateau clearance.   We have many more lovely things from this place including beautiful napkins embroidered with red coronets!!

4 comments:

bois-fleurie said...

I love the top fabric most of all. Wish I was going to Ardingly,good luck when you are there,and I hope its not freezing cold.

Lizzie said...

Never mind. I would rather be in France!!!! We had lots of rain last time so wasn't too cold. Hope it is drier this time for our precious textiles.

tracey @ the vintage bothy said...

Beautiful especially the Indienne.
T x

angebleu said...

Sorry I can't be at Ardingly to see these fabrics. I had some similar to the linen at the top years ago and it drapes so beautifully. Hope you do well.