Thursday, 26 May 2011

GLASTONBURY











The beautiful Abbey Barn at Glastonbury was transformed into a Textile Wonderland on Friday, 20th May when the 'Talent for Textiles' Fair was held there.  The light was a challenge!  but it was met and overcome magnificently by organiser Elizabeth Baer.  The strings of electric lights transformed the inside into a wonderland.  Well done Buffy and thank you.  The very next morning Linda and I were on the first Ferry out of Portsmouth with a car loaded to sell at a Puce Couturieres to be held at St. Lo on Sunday 21st.  Phew!!!!!  Unfortunately my brain went into premature retirement and I didn't take any photographs on Sunday but the photographs below are of the charming village of Clecy, the capital of Suisse Normande, where we stopped  for Coffee and the most wicked Almond Croissant on the way back to the Ferry on Wednesday morning.



It was another successful trip and we spent all our takings on lovely new stock to bring home for our future Fairs and our websites.  Linda's car was so stuffed we were stopped and questioned and searched on both sides of the channel.
This coming Sunday, 29th May we will be selling at Bridport Vintage Market.  Let's hope it keeps dry.!!  Before then I must catch up with my stitching...............................

2 comments:

Berniesgirl said...

If I had spotted this I would have visited you. Am in the area 'de temps en temps'. There now actually.
Would love one of your flowers for my hair. Son's wedding late Sept.

Jennifer M

Lizzie said...

Sorry you missed it. I make the flowers myself. Email me if you want one. Gloriana41@yahoo.com