Sunday, 25 March 2012

DYEING THE BLUES


It has been a lovely warm and sunny day today and that makes for an ideal time to mix up the first Indigo vat of 2012.   I am taking part in Dorset Art Weeks again and this starts on the last week-end in May.  The days are going with great speed and I haven't really started anything yet.  The sunshine today gave me the impetus to start.  While the vat was fermenting I sat in the sun and stitched a grid on a long piece of lovely white French linen.  I have no idea how it will turn out as I think my vat was a bit small for such a large piece.  One thing is sure it will be a lovely blue.  I intend to  make a  loose fitting jacket with it so it will be cut up and then re-arranged so the result could be interesting.  It is in the washing machine at the moment.  I will post more pictures of the fabric before I start to cut it up.  Now that I have started, I hope to carry on!!!  There is lots to be done.  I am exhibiting with 5 other ladies under the name of Allsorts Textile Artists.  We have the use of a lovely big barn at Highway Farm on the outskirts of Bridport.  Details of Dorset Art Weeks can be found on the Dorset Visual Arts website. 
I have given myself an awful lot to do this year.  As well as working towards Art Weeks there are the things I want to do for the Contemporary Quilt Group and I still have to fit in time to go off on my travels to France and various Textile Fairs.  On April 4th I will be at Ilminster Talent for Textiles Fair at the Arts Centre.  This is a lovely day in super surroundings.
Hot on the heels of Ilminster is Ardingly and then we are off to France to take a stand at another Puces de Couturiers.  This time at St. Lo.  Oh well there is no chance of me getting bored!  Exhausted yes.  What do they say about 'All work and no play.....'?

No comments: