Friday, 28 September 2012

STE. MARIE AUX MINES

 As I wrote in my previous post one of the reasons for going to Alsace was to visit the Carrefour European Patchwork which is held every year at Ste. Marie aux Mines.  I have always wanted to go and this year there was an added attraction as there was going to be work there on display made by girls that I know.  Vineta, Dot and Sara are part of a group called Kindred Spirits and they had produced a collection of work based on items in the British Museum.  The result was absolutely stunning.  I was overwhelmed and so happy and proud for them and I thought that their Exhibition of work was the best there.  I know I am a little biased as they  come from the South West of England but the work speaks for itself.  They are all very talented.
Vineta Cable
Dot Carter
'

Sara O'HoraVineta Cable
 
 
 
 
There was also an Exhibition of Antique Quilts and Textiles from Provence which was also mind blowing.

 And last but by no means least was the wonderful Quilt 'Weymouth Waves' made by my friend Margaret Ramsay
And all this on the first day!!!!
I have a lot more photographs from the Quilt Show, too many to put on here so will post a link to the Web Album for anyone who wishes to see more.

2 comments:

Radka said...

Wonderful work!

Lizzie said...

Yes, I agree Radka, very inspiring.