Friday, 18 January 2013

SKETCHBOOK 2013 FINISHED AND ON ITS WAY

 This year I managed to get my Sketchbook ready in time for The Sketchbook Project 2013.  I had opted for ' Travelogue' as a theme and the subject was France.  I have masses of my own photographs and literature about various parts of France and used some of these for the Book.  I concentrated on Normandy and Brittany.  I don't draw very well so I used print outs of my photographs and and maps and did a lot of cutting up and re-arranging.  I had coloured all the pages with watercolour washes before I started and painted images with gesso to integrate them into the backgrounds and screen printed and printed over them to add my touch to the whole thing.  I really enjoyed making this book and don't know why I don't do it more often.I must practise my drawing skills and maybe I won't have to rely so much on my computer print outs.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: