Monday, 18 February 2013

The Sea, The Sea

Today was my local Patchwork and Quilting meeting.  This is held in the village of Osmington just on the outskirts of Weymouth.  We had a very busy day 'playing with paintsticks' with local Textile Artist and Quilter Kate Dowty.  This was the sight that met me on my drive home.  It took my breath away.  In the words of Pooh Bear it was a very blustery day!


This was the sea off the Front Beach at Greenhill, Weymouth. 


Someone was jogging and someone was kitesurfing.



How I love the sea on days like these.  I used to swim in this when I was a child.  Seems like another lifetime - it is another life time.  Now I prefer to capture it all with my camera and translate it into textiles.  I couldn't live away from the Sea.

 

3 comments:

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Happened upon your blog while looking at something else... I was drawn to the title of this entry... The Sea, The Sea... I can't be away from water either. Love these photos.

reensstitcher said...

I quite agree about the sea. Having grown up by the sea I then spent forty years living inland so it was a great achievement to make it back to the coast. Mounts Bay has looked just like your photos this week because of the wind.

Lizzie Drake said...

Thanks Helen for the comment. Glad you visited.
Elizabeth, good to hear from you. You get lovely seas down there in Penzance too.