Friday, 22 November 2013

HELLO!!!!

 
 
 

It has been several months since I last wrote on this Blog.  Plenty of reasons and excuses!!  However the main one is that I have been locked out by Google.  This was extremely frustrating and probably because I didn't pay heed to all the messages Google were sending about their new changes to the system.  But for the moment I am back and will try to keep things rolling on.
It has been a very busy year on the work front with plenty of Textile Fairs to go to and several trips to France to source new stock.  My calendar is empty now and hopefully there will be time for me to get on with making new things and perhaps start early for a change with a Quilt for 2014 Festival of Quilts.  There are a couple of other exhibitions I am working towards next year and I am excited to be sending one of my Quilts to Canada for the Ailsa Craig Quilt Festival which is held near Toronto.  No hope of my going with it unfortunately unless I win the Lottery!!
Our last Fair was at my favourite place - Cowslip Workshops in Launceston, Cornwall.  We had a very busy time and as usual Jo had made the place look wonderful and it was just like stepping into Fairyland. 
Our next trip to France will be in February 2014 when we go to buy and sell at a small Dressmaker's Fleamarket at a village near where our friends live.  This is always great fun and not without one or two adventures along the way.  Hopefully we won't repeat the one we had a few years ago when we ended up boot of the car first in a large ditch in a blizzard.
It has always been my intention to put photographs on here of things I have for sale but up until now have not succeeded.  I will try to remedy that and be a little more pro-active with my Blog and website.  I envisage that I will be doing more from home next year as I find the travelling with my stock to Fairs more and more wearing and it is starting to take its toll on me.  But where there is a will there is a way and I am not ready to give up completely yet.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

nilly said...

Please don't give up! I'm in the antiques trade and some dealers I know who are still standing at fairs are in their 80s. Makes us feel quite young.